Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Petrol price increase!

Yes, it's true. I was anxiously waiting for the new price as on Tuesday there was a news saying that the PM will announce the new petrol subsidise scheme today. Well, at last by 6pm I got the news... RM2.70 per litre. That is 78 cents of increase, 40% increment. WOW! This is a very big difference for us.... normally we pump RM60 for full tank, and now we need to pump almost RM90. With this, it will definitely be a chain effect. Cost of living will increase as all the business wants to make more $ with the rising cost.

On my way back, the radio DJs are all discussing this topic. I guess once everyone knew this, the first thing to do is heading to the gas station to have their car pump in full tank. With heavy rain this evening, and queues on gas stations... it was really a terrible jam!

I even got some sms from friends asking me to go grab some groceries before price increase. Also, I think they are worried if there will be protest in town and it would not be safe for us to go out. I hope the situation will not be that bad.

Oh boss... can I have 30% increment? pls pls pls... haha!

1 comment:

hwh1 said...

Is the govt crazy?
Hope that there will be election now again, so that we can kicked the sleeping PM out totally.